- Build a tribe/community
- Login using your Facebook account
- Send comments to Facebook profile feed
- Invite your friends to the blog community
- See last visitors
Help to maintain the plugin:
Important: If you dont see the Facebook Connect login button and the user photos (on IExplorer), you need to modify your “header.php” theme file:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN” “http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd”>
<html xmlns=”http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml” xmlns:fb=”http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml”>
and check your footer.php theme file: if don’t have a < ?php wp_footer(); ?> line
Add it before the end body tag:
< ?php wp_footer(); ?>
We (sixjumps) would like to contribute to the Social Web evolution developing a WordPress plugin that allows direct integration of blogs developed with WordPress and facebook using Facebook Connect. This is an easy and quick way to generate a user community around our personal brand/blog integrating the powerful tools and functionalities Facebook is offering today.
This plugin allows:
1. Access the blog (login) with your Facebook credentials where facebook validates the username without asking for the password necessary to access the blog/website.
2. The user does not need to register in the blog because thanks to the plugin the user can utilize his complete profile information he already edited in Facebook. This is tremendously useful as the user does not have to register and create profiles over and over again! The blog can now utilize the shared user profile information for customization and statistics in our WordPress Blog. The plugin creates a WordPress Blog user with the exact same facebook profile information which then could be edited by the user if he likes so.
3. It is possible to obtain your friends/contacts from facebook and to generate invitations to join our Blog/Site. One way of promoting the site using the so powerful and marvellous word-of-mouth.
4. You additionally can access to a list of existing members of the blog/site.
5. The users activity in the blog/site such as posts can be sent to Facebook mini-feed of the users profile and is then visible in facebook in his lifestream.
6. You can show your last visits to the blog including the users photo that have accessed the page.
We at Sixjumps believe that Facebook Connect is a good alternative for Social Applications Development turning around the common integration approach with the Social Networks Applications. Instead of plugging the application inside the Social Network Services Platform (Facebook, MySpace, Hi5, etc.) we enable that the Web application (blog/site/portal/community) can use some or all of the services, contents and functionalities of these Social Network Services Platforms.